The Teacher Scholarship Fund was created 2015 in order to help more teachers from North America make the trip to Nicaragua.
The Teacher Scholarship is available to any teacher who:
- Has been accepted into the Work Group program (either the Teacher’s Group or any other work group)
- Demonstrates financial need
- Expresses and demonstrates compassion for others through service
Criteria for Selection
- Financial need
- Demonstration (in a written letter) of skills or experiences that would be highly beneficial to the SOL Work Group service project
- Commitment to community service
Note: Seeds of Learning actively recruits and supports volunteers from all racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds. Preference will be given to volunteers who have not formerly applied for SOL scholarship assistance.
The average scholarship amount is approximately $250.00, but varies based on funds available and proven financial need.
The Teacher Scholarship application form can be found here. The scholarship deadline for 2018 work group scholarships was Feb. 26th, 2018. However, we would be glad to help support individuals who need financial assistance with ideas, suggestions, and administrative support for their fundraising. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.